Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Turning Leaves and Sunflowers

I've been keeping an eye out for colored leaves as I travel to and fro and spotted this pretty little tree on my way home.  Do you recognize the leaves?  I'm guessing it's an Aspen.  The color change has not made it to the tips of the branches.


This little beauty is young and planted in a church grounds.


I'm seeing some trees begin to turn, but not a lot of them are fully in color yet.  I'm a certified "leaf peeper".


As we neared home we saw a flower stand in Springdale so we stopped to get some fresh flowers... they were $10 a bunch.  Hmm.. the other lady sells her sunflowers for $5 a bouquet.  So, we drove on and up around the countryside and back to the sunflower lady's stand.. and bought the last 2 for a nice full jar of flowers.  I used one of my old glass pickle jars this time.


Now that is a full jar of flowers!


I even lit the beeswax candles.  :-)


All the warm oranges, golds and yellows get me in the mood for the harvest season.


I took the photos above last evening and then this morning I noticed the light in the petals so snapped this one.


And I wanted to show you my old jar and it's lid.


I love the old gallon jars with twined rope embossed designs on them.


I am happy to say I've made reservations for Dayle and I to go Yosemite National Park next month!  This is where we'll stay.


I even made dinner reservations for the 2 nights we'll be there in this beautiful dining room.


This is the lodge in the winter, it's so pretty.  I'm excited!


I'm off to swim soon, Gracie is going to join me!  So, I'd better get my swim bag packed and get out the door.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear readers.
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar