The content and pictures of this post are copyright registered & protected ©myitaliancuisine
March the 8th : Women's Day!!! This year we celebrate with a pink mimosa cake with soft berry fruits. As explained in my post of the traditional mimosa cake, this cake is traditionally dedicated to women for celebration of the 8th of march. My new version of the mimosa cake is pink an it's filled with Italian cream chantilly and soft berry fruits, for a touch of chrusty I have added a base of handmade puffy pastry (which I normally use for my Saint Honoré cake ... recipe to follow) but you can avoid this and follow the traditional mimosa cake, and I have also used few drops of red color to get a pink sponge cake the result is amazing!Ingredients:
1 pink coloured sponge cake (recipe here)
- for the filling:
1 portion of Italian Pastry cream see recipe here
500ml of 35% fat heavy cream (to whip)
1/4 cup icing sugar (to be added to the whipped heavy cream)
2 cups of fresh or frozen soft berry fruits
- for the: "Bagna" (the syroup)
1 cups of water
1 cup of your favourite liquour (I use Maraschino)
Instuctions:
Follow the instructions given for the Mimosa Cake here
Enjoy the cake! and Happy International Women's Day

0 Yorumlar