So I really was going to write a more interesting, and potentially informative, post for today but...
For the past few days our kitchen sink has not been draining happily. I called my dad (my reference person for all things house related) and he suggested plunging the sink. So I bought a brand new sink-and-bathtub plunger last night ('cause even if you sterilize it I just couldn't imagine using the same one we use for the toilet there) and then Dave and I plunged. And plunged. And plunged. Until the action, and the word, lost all meaning.
So I called my dad back. He suggested it might be an issue with the p-trap. As soon as I loosened the nut on the far side of the p-trap all the water came out which led us to believe the obstruction is past the p-trap. Thankfully we had a bucket under it first -- we're not that naive. (Plus my dad warned us to have a bucket there!) So now we are looking for plumbers because I can't wash dishes right now.
So until we get our kitchen sink issues figured out I can't blog. At least, not about non-kitchen sink related things. So I have a question for you and then some interesting (to me, at least!) links for you to read. Here's my question -- what is the most fun thing you have faced as a homeowner??? And by "fun" I really mean "not fun." Fill me in and help me feel better. (And I realize a non-draining sink is a pretty minor home issue to be facing.)
Now on to the links:
I seriously love reading, and this article (or whatever you call it) made me laugh. And sigh. And relate to many of them: 17 Problems Only Book Lovers Will Understand
Speaking of books, ever since Tiffany alerted me to this possibility I want to be in a library catalogue!
And if you haven't heard of Sporcle, it is a trivia website where you can waste way too much time. Not that I am speaking from experience or anything. But if you do happen to venture over there you absolutely have to try this word cloud book title quiz.

0 Yorumlar