Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sight; Jessie Greengrass


TITLE: Sight
AUTHOR: Jessie Greengrass
PUBLISHER: Hogarth
PUB. YEAR: 2018
SETTING:  
FORMAT:  - ARC
RATING: 2/5 stars

I not sure what I was expecting when I decided to read this brief novel (less than 200 pages), but I can honestly say, it just was not my "cup of tea".

An unnamed narrator is expecting her second child and spends a great deal of time obsessing about everything: her first born growing up and away from her, her mother's death when she 20, the father who left her, a less than sensitive psychoanalyst grandmother and more.

I found the stream of consciousness writing style was somewhat off putting; the thoughts jump from one worried thought to another. There are lots of heavy themes in this short novel as well. Sorry I just can't recommend this one, it's depressing.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar