Needless to say the past week or so has been pretty grim, as you probably know from THIS post.
This is the pile of trash from the first clean-out. Those big bags were stuffed down as far as they could go and the total of black bags was 30. Yup. Another 14 to Goodwill. And more to come.
Which is my lame excuse if I don't reply personally to your wonderful and supportive comments for a bit. (Especially all the nice art comments from HERE. Wow, you made me smile.) I am overwhelmed right now so for the time being I'm just going to do a big group thank you and if anyone asked something specific, I'll be with you as soon as I can. The same with visiting. I'm getting close to caught up but you all write faster than I can read these days!
It's not just the clean-up. It's the being sick with it. For six days now, I have been dealing with temps varying from 99.5 (not bad, except my normal is 97.4!) to 102.8. Every single day. And more coughing and such. Oh, and the chills. And the sweats. And fatigue. I went to the doc on Monday and they did chest Xrays and blood work. I have a bacterial infection along with the start of something called Community Acquired Pneumonia. Very bad for my complicated lung history.
I am more than a little freaked. My friend Jan came by today and brought these flowers. After she left I cried and cried because her world isn't easy these days with an ill cat. It meant more than I can say.
And what's not to love about pink flowers when you are a bit down an out?
It's still up in the air as to whether or not the mold had an impact on either. Needless to say I'm taking a break before I go down there again for any length of time. (I don't have the energy, for one thing.)
Next on the agenda, calling reputable restoration companies. Not how I planned on spending my June! I think Lizzie is getting spoiled with having her litterbox in the family room. I, on the other hand, am getting really tired of seeing it there!
Whining over! Because despite the fever (we practiced good hygiene with the babies, although I'm not sure Rick had it as well with me next to him in bed) we had a nice time over Father's Day weekend babysitting the Grandlittles.
I wish I had taken photos while we were at the swings because there were so many smiles and great colors -- but we were having too much fun! Later in the evening after mom and dad went to dinner, the boys got a little concert.
And both boys were curious about the guitar!
Nothing can be so gross or so much fun as watching a hungry baby eat!
Meanwhile, while we had dinner, we turned on Carson's favorite movie, "Cars." He stood in this position for at least 10 or 15 minutes without moving.
Then he got into this position.
All in all, good times!
I leave you with two of my favorite Father's Day pics -- brothers who get on...
...and a Grandpa who loves them more than anything!
I'm slow visiting, but don't disappear! I'll be catching up full throttle as soon as I can!

0 Yorumlar