Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One Girls Dreary is Another Girls Dreamy


Today is rainy and dreary. Rainy and dreary are two of my favorite things. This is a dreamy, snuggly, cozy, ignore the to do lists and unfinished projects kind of day. Who am I to argue with that?


I grabbed my boots and umbrella and meandered over to Main Street and the yarn store where I took some pictures of yarn for a sweet friend that wants me to knit something for her. Then I stayed for a class and finished a mitten. That mitten pattern proved to be a killer and some alterations were made. Also, I wonder if there is any chance my two mittens will match when I am done. If not, please pretend not to notice if you see me walking around in them.


 My pace on the way home was much quicker as the rumbly in my tummy told me it was lunch time and I couldn't wait to make my current favorite salad which is filled with grilled chicken, walnuts, blue cheese and figs and topped with straight up balsamic vinegar which I seem to have developed an addiction to. Have you ever had a fresh fig? If you have resisted then I urge you to go buy some now before their short season ends, so you too can fall in love. They are perfect when they are super soft to the touch and feel like they are over ripe.


Tonight I'm making homemade soup. Butternut squash soup, to be exact. Never mind that I've never even had butternut squash and don't even know if I like it. I adore making soup from scratch. I always forget that, and then every time I do it, I fall in love with the process all over again. Go ahead and give it a try. It will transport you. You can see some of my other favorite soup recipes here and here.

Finally, I just want to say how wonderful and special you all are. You guys made Emma's day with all of your sweet comments. I know my blogging has been hit and miss lately and I truly appreciate that you guys always show up and support me here. I feel like I am finally getting my mojo back as my project list gets smaller. I will be back next time with some answers to recent questions that I have been remiss in answering. If you have any questions or think I've missed one of yours please feel free to leave it in the comments here or email me!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar