Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's a Small World, May 1981

"It's a Small World". Maybe you've heard of it? You'd think it would be little, but it's big, baby, BIG! 

The friendly, smiling face right out front was always a welcome sight, pivoting left and right with a pleasing TICK TOCK sound. Most clocks don’t have gears and pulleys visible from the outside, but Rolly Crump's has to. He couldn't resist. As you can see, the former white and gold color scheme has evolved to include various hues of blue. I'd love to hear the rationale behind this decision - it's not bad, but why mess with what had looked so good for 15 years?


I'm not sure if this photo was taken from the Disneyland RR or not, but I think so. The exterior queue had been extended quite a bit, and that entry structure (what else to call it?) was new as well. It even looks like they added some new topiaries. Whenever I see somebody pointing their camera in my general direction, I like to put a finger in my nose. I'm making a statement.


More topiary action! It's so exciting! We've got an elephant, and some other critter (I dare you do identify it), and then a shape that resembles a greek amphorae. One that needs a trim. Maybe it was still filling in, so they were letting get a little shaggy. Look at all those trees in the distance! Is that roughly where Videopolis was eventually added?


And I decided to include this late-afternoon shot, even though it is very dark. I like the "giraffe" looming up over the hedges, apparently gazing at us. Many people have some pretty harsh words for It's a Small World, but I have always loved it.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar