Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Beautiful Quilt

My lovely friend, Susan, from Granny Smith's Quilting blog lives in Australia but I was lucky enough to meet her a couple of years ago when she came over for a holiday. She's very sneaky though, I had no idea that she'd made plans to visit again this year until I got a phone call out of the blue one day telling me she was here.

We made loose arrangements to meet before she returned to Australia but it wasn't to be, we just couldn't find a time when we were both free. We had a chance meeting at Bolton Abbey one day in early September but that was it.

It was my birthday while Susan was over here and she'd brought with her, all the way from Australia, a gift for me, how lucky am I? Here it is, a most beautiful quilted bed runner.


I'm not going to use it on the bed though, I think it's perfect to drape over the back of the sofa, that way it can be shown off as it deserves. Just look at all the beautiful fabric which has been used.





Even the back is lovely.


This close up shows the flowery quilting stitch. Sorry if that's not the right term, I'm not a quilter myself.


Thank you so much Susan, I'm absolutely thrilled with it and I shall treasure it always.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar