Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lizzo Lists Missy, Lauryn Hill, and Destiny's Child As Inspiration

Singer/rapper, Lizzo was on the breakfast club show last week, and during the course of her interview, she got asked about her source of inspiration. She went on to list Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, and Destiny's Child (Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams) as her major source of inspiration.

Read her words on this below...

Image result for lizzo on the breakfast club"My inspiration...musically? Umm. Missy Elliot was huge for me, like when I was little, when I was watching Missy Elliot do her thing and win Grammys...Not only be a writer and producer, and performer, and like a style icon, she was winning Grammys, and at the top of the chart. And for me, that gave me the belief in myself. I was like, 'you know what she can do it. She's a weird black girl, I'm a weird black girl.' Umm! Lauryn Hill of course. Like she's just the best rapper and singer. So I'm like, 'how you doing both of that on one album sis? What's the secret?' That was big for me. Umm! I grew up in Houston, so Destiny's Child. I saw Destiny's Child perform at Walmart in the 5th grade."

Nice list. They are all super talented women young upcoming female musicians should look up to.

Watch Lizzo's full interview below...she talks about her sources of inspiration around the 8 minute mark.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar